Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Making Inferences
What is an inference?
Car on side of the road
Woman and toddler
Making an inference: a process of reasoning.
1. Gather facts about a situation.
2. Make connections between those facts.
3. Draw a conclusion; make our best guess.
Keep in mind: Because we are guessing, our inferences may not always be correct.
by Christine Bailey
An educated and reasonable guess.
What does it mean to infer?
Draw a conclusion based on evidence and facts.
1. Car is inoperable
2. Woman is driver
3. Driver is calling for help
What inferences can be made about this scenario?
The Process of Inferring
1. Car on side of road
2. Hood is up.
3. Woman outside of
car on cell phone.