Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mobile learning: a motivation for students and staff
Transcript of Mobile learning: a motivation for students and staff
Motivation for students and teachers
Learning design and training
Induction and feedback points
What motivates, engages and leads to achievement?
What is the best hardware and software?
Is it even mobile learning if it is in class?
staff and student training
bridging the motivation/generation gap; engage students; learning design that motivates.
active participants in the reshape of NewVIc; rationale for choice
Start by learning what students and teachers are already doing... and what they need to do it better.
Preparing for engagement and motivation
Keep in touch and listen before, during and after.
During & After
Is mobile learning engaging and motivating...
Beyond the novelty of the medium?
Flexibility and choice
Just in time access to information
Collect evidence for portfolios
Assignments or accessing revision material for exams
Varied forms of assessment and feedback, with a visible impact on confidence, achievement and completion of work (video diary, remote lessons, collaboration, etc.)
Responsible use policy
: informed and motivated
And bring people along with you
From teachers, students, the Network team
And the learning design, RUP, policies, infrastructure, etc. will engage everyone
And act on it, to create a safe, engaging learning environment
1. How does mobile technology impact on: teaching practice
disruption and engagement?
2. And how will the use of mobile devices impact on our network infrastructure?
3. How can we best support teachers and learners that wanted to use mobile devices by helping teachers design for m-learning and students make the best use of these devices for learning?
Google Nexus 7
But it will, most of the time, reflect classroom teaching and consumer behaviour.
Willingness to participate
Engage with the subject matter
Taking the initiative
To have a voice
Interaction and collaboration