Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MGMT 4354 - Ch. 9
Transcript of MGMT 4354 - Ch. 9
What is a group?
What is not a group?
Why do we care about groups in the workplace?
STAGES OF GROUP DEVELOPMENT
(1) production tasks
(3) problem-solving tasks
WHAT MAKES TEAMS EFFECTIVE
(1) who are the best individuals for the team
(2) team size
(3) diversity in a team
(4) team norms
(5) team contracts
Dr. Laura Guerrero
Explain these aspects of teams:
(1) pressure to conform
(3) social loafing
(4) collective efficacy
(5) process loss
Given all these problems with teams and groups, why are teams so popular in the workplace?
What is the punctuated equilibrium model?
(1) task interdependence
(2) pooled interdependence
(3) sequential interdependence
(4) reciprocal interdependence
(5) outcome interdependence
Why is interdependence an important aspect of teams?
BARRIERS to team effectivenss
(1) not knowing where to begin
(2) dominating team members
(3) poor performance of team members
(4) poorly managed team conflict
(5) team members not having power over "slackers"
What are the differences between a formal and an informal group?
Explain these factors impacting cohesion:
What is a team? How does it differ from a group?
What is the purpose of assembling a team?
What should be considered when holding a meeting:
do we need a meeting?
have an agenda
send a reminder before the meeting
start and end on time
manage group dynamics to ensure full participation
summarize the meeting with action items
follow up after the meeting