Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of highland pony
Height hauling timber and ploughing fields Use for today... - originate from Scotland
- fossil remains found shows that they have been there since before the Ice Age
-their general purpose back in the day was for traveling, warfare, trading, and agricultural activities
- one small type of a Highland Pony still exists as the Eriskay Pony, which is extremely rare to see
- today, there is an estimated amount of 5,500 Highland Ponies, which are mostly in Europe History - Highland Pony Society
- The Scottish Highland Pony Society of North America (SHPSNA) Breed Organizations - it has adapted to the severe climate and environmental conditions of Scotland
- has a winter coat that is a layer of strong badger-like hair over a soft dense undercoat
- this allows them to live in all types of weather What makes it unique? they are calm, level-headed, kind natured, and have an even temperament Personality it's a pony!! Pony, Light, or Draft? 2nd characteristic:
color -the highland pony society recognizes variation of shades referred to as "mouse", "grey", "cream", "fox dun", "oatmeal dun", "biscuit dun", seal brown, black, or liver chestnut.
- Dun-colored ponies have primitive markings like a dorsal stripe and some zebra markings on legs
- some foals show a slight seasonal change in color between winter and summer coats 3rd characteristic:
looks -strong-looking, heavy set pony with a big body, strong legs and hard, round feet.
- has a flowing mane and full tail 4th Characteristic:
working they are still used to extract deer carcases from the hill, Pony Trekking, croft work, and logging 5th characteristic:
Action it is straight and free moving without undue knee action Resources: - horseshow.central.com
- highland-pony.org/ponies.htm Stefani Resnick