Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Spread of Communism through 1948
Transcript of Spread of Communism through 1948
Romania Marshall Plan Containment Truman Doctrine Provided economic and financial aid to nations in Western Europe April 1948 Decreased communists popularity The Spread of Communism through 1948 Iron Curtain Stalin used any means necessary, even jailing or killing political opponents to guarantee the Communist party won elections. Term coined by Winston Churchill describing the line dividing Communist countries from the countries in Western Europe. March 1946 Churchill's speech gave the soviet Union an excuse to rebuild it's army's strength. Developed by George F. Kennan.
He believed the U.S. should resist Soviet attempts to spread Communism.
Involved provide economic aid to countries against the Soviet Union.
Put to the test in 1947. Provided hundreds of thousands of dollars to aid Greece and Turkey to fight Communist influence. By: Caitlyn Ahrens