Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pasquotank River Basin
Transcript of Pasquotank River Basin
The Pasquotank River Basin is derived from the Algonquian word pashetanki, which means "Where the current forks".
The Pasquotank River Basin encompasses 3,635 square miles.
The Alligator River, Perquimans River, Little River, Yeopim River, Scuppernong River, and North River are all part of the Pasquotank River Basin.
Cities and Counties
Elizabeth City is the most notable city found in the Pasquotank River Basin.
The Pasquotank River has been used as means of transportation, oyster harvesting, and logging.
An interesting event that occured in the Pasquotank River Basin was a naval battle that occured in the Pasquotank River during the civil war. The CSS Black Warrior, CSS Fanny, CSS Sea Bird, and the CSS Appomattox were all sunk in defense of Elizabeth City.