Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Our strategy was not to follow the price war, but to achieve
Transcript of Our strategy was not to follow the price war, but to achieve
Universal Car Rental
Avoid price war
Consider outside factors
Difference in markets
Identify composition in every market
(Price - sensitivity)
Follow differentiated strategies for weekend and weekdays per location
Higher consideration for high margins rather than capacity utilization.
Never change a winning team
Foreseeing the future
and implementing the
- business customers: lower elasticity
- leisure customers: higher elasticity
Main goal: Maximize profits
Low capacity utilization, we could lower prices to capture demand
Unattended demand, which means room to increase prices
Round 1 Learnings
1. Market leaders - Competition followed our pricing
2. Weekdays: Higher prices – higher profits
3. Weekends: Inelastic demand, lower prices – lower profits
4. Differentiated strategy for weekends and weekdays
Don‘t necessarily change overall strategy if profits decline
Main decision criteria:
1. Demand forecast
2. Capacity utilization
3. Competitor´s price
1. Competitor's price
2. External factors
We're going to