Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CCC FOUNDATION UPDATE
Transcript of CCC FOUNDATION UPDATE
SERVING STUDENTS & OUR COMMUNITY
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Spring 2014 Update
THE LATEST HAPPENINGS AT CCC
EVENTS & PROJECTS
3/10 WELCOME BACK EVENT (ASG)
3/17 AFTER I GRADUATE WALL (ASG)
3/17 CLUB RUSH & ST. PATRICK’S DAY (ASG)
3/12 BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING AT CCC
3/25 CCC CAMPUS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
3/25 JOINT CCCAC/FOUNDATION RECEPTION
3/25 FOUNDATION BOARD MEETING AT CCC
4/2 SPRING COOK OFF AND ART WALK (ASG)
4/2 RESUME RALLY
4/16 CCC FACULTY MIX/MINGLE (MID-DAY)
4/22 CCC FACULTY MIX/MINGLE (AFTERNOON)
4/23 FITNESS/GARDEN WALK (SNAC)
5/2 STAR PARTY*
5/5 MOTHER’S DAY EVENT (ASG)
5/6 CLASSIFIED APPRECIATION BREAKFAST
5/7 JOB FAIR
5/8 CANYON COUNTRY BUSINESS ASSOC.
5/18 BATTLE OF THE BANDS*
5/28 STAR WARS VS PIRATES (ASG)
5/28 GRADUATES BREAKFAST
5/29 CHANCELLOR’S OPEN OFFICE HOURS
6/10 HART/COC COUNSELOR’S CONFERENCE
CANYON COUNTRY CAMPUS
Largest Winter Intersession
Most students for a Spring Semester
(4,800 students in 9600 seats)
Most faculty teaching in a semester at CCC
: 183 instructors at CCC in Spring with 116 exclusively at CCC.
19% of faculty are only at CCC for this Spring
(percentage of all on-ground instruction)
Satisfaction increased in all areas surveyed
in Fall 2013 since Fall 2012 (instructional programs)
• Increased satisfaction for
variety of courses
at CCC (12%),
availability of courses
times of courses
67% of CCC student survey respondents would be interested in taking all classes at CCC
, and 30% of VLC students would also be interested in taking all classes at CCC.
• A strong majority of students agree that the
Canyon Country Campus is contributing positively to their educational/career goals.
• Campus community exposure is high—43% of recent community survey respondents had attended a public event at CCC (star party, job fair, movie night, faculty lecture, advisory meeting, garden walk, etc.).
• The campus continues to host many community meetings and activities to extend
• Collaboration continues to make campus growth possible: Find out more today by visiting the CCC website or schedule a campus tour.
• Weekend College Pilot
• Community Ed Classes
• Program Review
• Tech/Facilities Projects
• Updated Campus Directional Signs
• Student Newsletter & Social Media
• Student Art Displays in Quad-3
• Fitness Loop
• Faculty Outreach Activities
• CTE Advisory Committees
• Sustainability Initiatives
• ICS Emergency Prep
Science Building - $17.9 million total cost
$14.3M State, $3.6M District
21,000 square feet, 2-story building
Provides 14,500 sq ft of science space.
Includes 2,600 sq ft of lecture space in 3 general assignment classrooms
11,200 sq ft of lab space in 7 classroom/labs, with 12 classroom/lab service rooms
700 sq ft of office space in 7 offices
Classroom & Student Resource Center - $27.5 million total cost
$23.4M State, $4.1M District
34,000-square-foot building, 3-story building
Multistory building will contain student classrooms on the upper floors and house student service functions at the Main Plaza level
Will include 11,990 sq ft of general classroom space
6,050 of computer lab space
5,400 of student services office space
2,800 of distance learning/media space
1,560 of miscellaneous space
Library space in reading/study rooms
SUPPORT BY THE FOUNDATION:
Student Scholarships & Campus Innovation Fund
Critical classroom enhancements
Community Events and Campus Visibility
Want to learn more or get more involved?
-Schedule a personal visit to CCC
-View the campus virtual tour online
-Support the bench / plaque / scholarship initiatives
-Read more about CCC instructional programming, student support services, and community events online
-Support and attend marquee campus events, such as the Star Party and Battle of the Bands.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING THIS CAMPUS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THE DISTRICT AND OUR COMMUNITY!