Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Why all the fuss about Managing Volunteers?
Transcript of Why all the fuss about Managing Volunteers?
Managing Volunteers? Feedback and suggestions to NCVO 2. Recognise the vital role carried out by
Managers of Volunteers 3. Champion Volunteering & Volunteer Management together Following a recent #ttvolmgrs discussion, NCVO asked VMmovement... 1. Embed resourcing & understanding
of Volunteering * We need your support to gain the buy-in and understanding of senior leaders and CEOs that it takes a whole organisation to involve volunteers effectively.
* The time donated by volunteers is a valuable resource and the way this is developed and managed needs to be included within an organisation's overall strategy. * We need you to challenge your membership to see Volunteer Managers as a key stakeholder group regarding decision making and resourcing for volunteering.
* Encourage organisations to expand their thinking about volunteer involvement & understand that Volunteer Managers are central to making this happen. Seems straightforward?
Unfortunately, this is not usually the case - just ask a Volunteer Manager... How about including Volunteer Management as a specialist skill set for organisations to have represented on their trustee boards? *Don't just talk about volunteering as an outcome or an activity - highlight what's happened behind the scenes to enable it to happen - the organising, the leadership, the resources...
* Demonstrate the importance of investing in training & development for Volunteer Managers - show how learning can be applied back in the workplace to enable organisations to broaden their reach. Encourage leaders to make the most of the skills, knowledge and talent they already have in their volunteer teams and in their managers of volunteers. This was the blog post...
(we do this #ttvolmgrs every week - Thoughtful Thursdays) Click on the link...
http://bit.ly/14bNzTH Listen more to the views of Volunteer Managers in this dedicated webinar broadcast & discussion about the NCVO/VE merger: