Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Caribbean Culture
Trinidad and Tobago Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia Cuba
Dominican Republic influenced by foods from African slaves fresh foods curry brought by people from India after slavery ended Columbus sailed into the Caribbean Sea from Spain in 1492. Spain began establishing colonies. English, French, Dutch, and Danish established colonies. Eurpeans started sugar plantations.
They brought slaves from Africa to work in the fields. Haiti won independence from France in 1804.
Cuba and the Dominican Republic also won indepence in the next 100 years.
Most of the other countries in the Caribbean did not win independence until after World War II.
Some islands remain possessions of other countries.