Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
8th grade GT ILA Writing Tips
Transcript of 8th grade GT ILA Writing Tips
STAAR v Academic v Real World
research papers (future journal articles)
no second person (EVER)
no first person
distinct format (most of the time)
don't break rules
varying points of view
formal and informal
depends on the audience (think RAFT)
Rules can be broken
Never use second person (seriously--it will drop you a full letter grade)
the TWO exceptions are for procedural papers and/or letters
First person if prompt asks about a personal experience
PAY ATTENTION TO THE PROMPT
Don't make your teacher/grader angry
Don't use abbreviations (text language) in final copies
Follow the format
Apply the advice given
Follow basic format--double space, Times New Roman, 12 pt, 1" margins
Cross between formal/informal
Very short essay (snap shot)
Play the game