Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Producers and Consumers of the Marine Ecosystem
Transcript of Producers and Consumers of the Marine Ecosystem
What is a producer
A producer is for example a plant. The plant is able to create its own food. Without plants humans wouldn't be able to survive.
A producer is able to produce its own food while consumers aren't.
The consumer is like the opposite of the producer. It is unable to make it's own food and therefore has to eat the food the producer makes.
Seaweed & Kelp
Seaweed and kelp are two of the three main producers in the ocean. They work like plants do. They produce their own food which they live off of but other things will eat it to get there food.
Phytoplankton produce alot of oxygen through photosynthesis. But they also create glucose that allows them and others to survive.
Mussels are one of the primary consumers of the ocean. They feed on plankton primarily phytoplankton.
Lobsters are also one of the primary consumers of the marine ecosystem. Although they actually eat the mussels.