Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mindfulness in School
Transcript of Mindfulness in School
The brain and stress
An awareness of the present moment
Practicing mindfulness allows one to:
Calm the mind
Integrate brain function
Benefits of practicing mindfulness:
- anxiety and depression
- risk of aging diseases
+ recovery from illness and injury
+ insight into self and others
+ positive emotion
+ readiness to learn
How can we practice calming the brain?
Create a quiet space
Notice the breath
S.I.F.T.: Sensation, Images, Feelings, Thoughts
What is Mindfulness?