Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Transcript of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Literature Circle: Connectors
By: Savannah Vincent and Maddie Johnson
Henrietta's friends give blood to try and save Henrietta
Blood drives across the world
World wars, blood drives
2. Global Shipment of HeLa Cells
pg 57 "He sent shipments of HeLa cells to researchers in Texas, India, New York, Amsterdam, and many places in between... Henrietta's cells rode into the mountains of Chile in the saddlebags of pack mules."
HeLa cells went GLOBAL, and have helped to save lifes all over the world.
3. Lack of Knowledge in Time Period
China communism over state military & media
No internet, or other resources than doctor
4. New Scientific Discoveries
changes, improvements in radiation
Polio vaccines with the use of HeLa cells
Industrial revolution in Great Britain in 1760
pg 81 "This here the only picture I got of her," he said, pointing to a copy of the Rolling Stone
article with the ever-present hands-on-hips photo.
Media today: popular and ways of advertisement, information and entertainment.