Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
New York Hunger
Transcript of New York Hunger
One in six NYC residents over 1.4 million are food insecure.Nearly one in four children in NYC are food insecure.One in ten NYC seniors are food insecure. Statewide in NYC 1 in 10 individuals are food insecure.
NYC food pantries
As a direct result of recent SNAP cuts 92.9% of NYC soup kitchens and food pantries reported that the cuts had incresed the number of our clients and or increased the food needs of our existing clients.
Hungry families may be your neighbors.
Most hungry Americans are low wage workers, kids, senior citizens, or people with disabilites.
how to get involved
To fight to end hunger and the fight to end poverty are interwined. Food stamps/SNAP benifits assist people in obtaning nutritious food as they attempt to go to school and find stable jobs that will eventually help them move beyond the soup kitchen to self-sufficiency.