Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
South Africa by Joel Muirhead
Transcript of South Africa by Joel Muirhead
• Babootie: typical Cape Malay food containing rice, lamb and fragrant spices
• Koeksisters: tastes like donuts soaked in sticky sweet sauce. Yummy!
• Mealie Pap: corn porridge
• Biltong: a cured and dried meat that is a typical South African snack and similar to beef jerky
• Pootjie Kos: a traditional south african stew cooked over an open fire in a caste iron pot Did you know that...?
… most people speak at least two or three languages, one of them usually English or Afrikaans
… South Africa has really three capital cities. The powers are distributed between Pretoria, Cape Town and Bloemfontein. The parliament meets for six months in Pretoria and the other half of the year in Cape Town. This is me in Oudsthoorn. Ostriches are big business. The ostrich meat is sold.
Ostrich eggs are eaten.
Ostrich feathers are used.
Leather from the skin is used in handbags and shoes I have only scratched the surface of this beautiful place. There is so much more to tell you but I would need lots more months to tell you everything. Hope you've enjoyed it!