Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The old south
Transcript of The old south
But that’s the way
Memory works in the south-
The truth is always lying
In some field somewhere between
The bones of the fallen
And the weapons they reach for
Her knife flies as lethal as love and
cuts quickly in like a hurried kiss.
The sun came out when I turned to walk away,
Glared down on me as I turned and walked away—
I was asleep while you were dying.
It’s as if you slipped between some rift,
a hollow I make between my slumber and my waking
Everyone under foot.
That's the doorbell, not the phone,
and it’s his body, but nobody's home.