Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Legacy Community Health Services
Transcript of Legacy Community Health Services
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Amy Leonard, Vice President of Public Health
Jason Black, Director of Public Health
Rachel Nahan, Director of Public Health
John "Kiah" Augbon, Prevention Supervisor
Pamela Davis- Jolivet, Prevention Supervisor
Michael Webb Jr., Prevention Supervisor
Over the past 25 years, Legacy’s Public Health Services Department has HIV counseled and tested more than 120,000 clients and has administered over 65,000 STD tests.
Since 2010 Legacy’s Public Health Services team has grown from 8 full-time staff members to over 30 full-time staff.
In 2014, Legacy Public Health Services Unit tested 5,742 people for HIV testing through the community outreach program with 4% positivity rate.
Legacy's Public Health average testing population is between the ages of 19 and 35, with an average age of 30.
• In 2014, Care Navigators linked more than 40 people into primary medical care.
• IN 2014, Community Health Workers hosted more than 200 health education classes
• In 2014,Health Promoters and Providers performed more than 2000 blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol tests.
Community Health Workers
Highlight of the Public Health Services Department
HIV & STD Screening
Education & Outreach
4th-Generation HIV Testing
Couples HIV Testing & Counseling
Community Education & Screenings
Services & Programs
• In 2014, provided 2,253 HIV test through our Legacy-Montrose location and other community-based venues.
• In 2014, provided HIV-testing to over 17 locations throughout Houston-Gulf Coast region.
• In 2014, the HIV testing team identified more than 75 newly diagnosed HIV-positive individuals.
Community Outreach & HIV Testing
Take a Stroll in the City
with Public Health Services
• In 2014 linked more than 150 HIV+ adolescents and youth into HIV primary medical care at Legacy-Montrose Campus.
• Patient Navigators have linked more than 75 people into PrEP services.
A program of Legacy Community Health Services dedicated to uplifting and empowering Gay, Bisexual Men, and Transgendered Persons of Color. MSociety empowers community members through personal & professional development while also providing HIV/AIDS prevention, outreach, education, and awareness.
In 2014, MSociety tested over 1,800 individuals for HIV through various community outreach programs with 6% positivity rate.
MSociety hosted 70+ Community HIV awareness and empowerment events.
In 2014, provided HIV prevention services to over 2,500 individuals through community events, HIV-Testing & Counseling, and Health Education groups.