Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hi! I'm Ursula
Transcript of Hi! I'm Ursula
on the South Side of Chicago.
OUR baseball team has won
a world series this century.
You don't have to like sports
to recognize the enemy. Now thirty, I own a TON of the merchandise.
How many people get to share their name with
an awesome cartoon villain AND a Bond girl? Besides, now princesses READ.
Apology accepted. 10-79 at Wrigley.
Yes, AGAIN. Some of her family is still in Germany,
a few miles away from Neanderthal. Both of my parents are from
strange, foreign places. My dad is from California. I play the piano, but it's hard to find time to practice these days. Music is a big part of my life. And, of course, there's karaoke and the shower. My bathroom has GREAT acoustics. It's fun in here, but watch your step! You don't want to fall down a tangent. 1 The Little Mermaid came out when I was six.
My mother wrote a petition to Disney.
Kids called me, well, a witch. I coached a forensics and debate team at a private high school for a few years I liked the job, I loved the kids,
but I wanted to do something that had some real impact. After a fellowship in Alaska, he brought us a souvenir: His side of the family is...
unique? An oosik My mom came to the US when she was three. Greatest. Superhero. Ever. She saves the world, makes great friends, Until mankind
is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value. Today I'm going to give you a tour behind the curtain Hi! I'm Ursula. It was a mystery that I came home determined to solve. Like many other 23-year-old idealists, I pondered sweeping social change but I got tired of all the infighting. I ran away to join a few campaigns, Nothing ever got DONE New Responsibility Parental
Expectations Bullying Extracurricular Activities New Environments Gender & Sexual Identity I always wanted to change the world, but nothing I read or watched
gave me practical options and still, somehow, finishes her homework. Who am I? Why am I here? What do I do now? The answer was out there, but just beyond my grasp They ask the big questions A variety of changing situations and stresses Peer pressure to try new things or just to pretend they don't care It's easy to feel like the entire world is out to get you. Some days, I still want to fight the world I lucked out and found an amazing job at the library And most importantly:
only correct grammar
when ASKED to do so. 1) Keep an open mind
2) Help where you can
3) Check your privilege
6) Laugh So that's my story. Sadly, evil queen is not a viable career path Neither is holographic rock star The & What could I do to really help? I got to know teens from all over Chicago and realized how much I liked working with them. Most of them aren't crazy or out of control but they do have a lot hanging over their heads I floundered a bit after high school What's yours? (Clueless - 1995) I try to live by these rules: But in order to effect change, we each have to add our own, unique, form of energy. And I've figured out where I can do the most good. Psychology I tried several different subjects: All were interesting,
but nothing was RIGHT And it hit me: I'm already ON my mission. Political Science Anthropology Literature Linguistics Theater History