Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Colonization
Colonization is the establishment of colonies.
By: Tara Rowcliffe
How was colonization different in Africa than in America
Why is Africa part of the second wave instead of the first wave of colonization?
Which countries were part of the colonization of Africa and which regions did they colonize?
Colonization is different in Africa because it split up the colonies and cultures leaving them with language barriers.
The countries that were part of the colonization of Africa were France, Germany, Britain, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, and Italy.
Britain colonized South America, Rhodesia, Botswana, Zambia (Northern Rhodesia), Kenya, Sudan, Egypt.
France colonized Algeria and Central Africa.
Italy colonized Libya.
Germany colonized East Africa and West Africa.
Belgium colonized Congo.
Spain colonized Spanish Morocco.
Portugal colonized Guinea, Angola, and Mozambique.
Africa was part of the second wave because America started to gain independence and Europe needed more resources.