Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MUS 121 Middle Ages Sacred Music
Transcript of MUS 121 Middle Ages Sacred Music
Liturgy - texts of service
Chant - text set to music
Style: no meter, no leaps,
Pope Gregory the Great
Offices - several daily services
Mass - main service: last supper
Offices & Mass
Hildegard of Bingen
Transition to Gothic Era (c.1150)
10th child of nobles
Head of order
Wrote poetry, Music
"Alleluia, O virga mediatrix"
Sacred or secular
French &/or Latin
Léonin & Pérotin
"Gaude Maria Virgo"
Notre Dame School
Organum - adding a voice(s)
*Regular meters & Notation
*Chant tune in bass
*End of anonymity
page 68 in textbook