Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mercy Otis Waren: A Woman of the Revolution
Transcript of Mercy Otis Waren: A Woman of the Revolution
"It may be a mistake, that man, in a state of nature, is more disposed to cruelty than courtesy." Mercy Otis Waren
"She is an excellent writer. If she were man, she would have written the Declaration of Independence!" Thomas Jefferson
Born on: September 14, 1728
Had all boy siblings, so she was the only girl in her family
What she did
Was a Patriot writer; convinced people to be a patriot through writing plays, poems, etc.
It worked! :D
Thanks So Much!
By: Emily S. and Kaylee D.
What She Wrote About
Wrote to Abigail Adams about being treated unfairly
Wrote plays that would offend loyalists:
said how taxes were unfair
can't pay for British goods
Better off on our own
Mercy Otis Warren
"Conscience of the American Revolution"