Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FOIA and Copyright
Transcript of FOIA and Copyright
Writings = anything created It Lasts How Long?!?! Life of the Author + 70 years = (c) Who Owns it After I Die? Thanks, Dad! What Can Be Copyrighted? Copyright, Trademark, Patent -
What's the Difference? Patent The science behind the product Trademark All about trade, commerce, and business Identifies a SOURCE Copyright All about creativity - artistic and literary expression Copyright Infringement or
Trademark Infringement? - It's important because of a brand's "good will"
- Consistency Protect It! Get to keep your patent forever, but ONLY if you protect it If you don't protect, it's considered ABANDONED How Do I Get a Copyright? 2 Requirements: Originality Fixed in a Tangible Medium Idea v. Expression Big Creativity + Little Effort = Copyright! Big Effort + Little Creativity = No Copyright! Rights of Copyright Holder 1. Reproduction
2. Derivative Works
3. Public Distribution
4. Public Performance
5. Public Display
6. Public Digital Performance of Sound Recording Test For Copyright Infringement 1. Valid copyright
2. Copying (need both a. and b.) a. Proof of copying OR proof Defendant had access to copyrighted material
b. Substantial similarity Copyright Infringement?
(You Be the Judge) BUT.... Limited ways to write a pop song Is this illegal? Welcome to China