Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Turning Dreams into Reality
Transcript of Turning Dreams into Reality
1. Complete "Short Grit Scale" (turn in to orange box)
2. Complete the front page of your Turning Dreams into Reality handout-
write down a dream you have for your life and define the listed terms.
Dream, but also set goals...
Start by changing your mindset.
What is a mindset?
What do you believe?
1. Have confidence in your ability to succeed
2. Believe in developing your whole self (academics, school activities & those at home & in the community) they all enhance your learning & life experiences
3. Understand that post-secondary education & life-long learning are necessary for long-term career success
4. Believe in using your abilities to their fullest to achieve high-quality results & outcomes, and
5. Develop a positive attitude toward work and learning
It's work, but it's worth it.
Make your dream a GOAL.
Turn it into a goal.
Make it S.M.A.R.T.
A SPECIFIC GOAL is one that describes the task to be accomplished. EXAMPLE: "I will get an 80% on all of my math tests." Instead of, "I want to do better in math."
A MEASURABLE GOAL is one that can be measured. Example: "I will improve my math grade from a 60% to an 80% by the end of the quarter." Instead of, "I want to do better in math."
For a goal to be ATTAINABLE, you must have the resources necessary to accomplish it. For example, a student who is on the football team & has practice everyday after school & holds a part-time job may not be able to raise his grades by studying 3 hours outside of class--he just doesn't have time. QUESTION...
Are you willing and able to set aside the time necessary to accomplish your goals?
If so, they are attainable.
Setting a REALISTIC GOAL increases the chances that you will accomplish it. A goal is realistic if it is accomplishable. For example, a student who wants to set a goal to increase his grade from 60% to 80% by the end of the quarter with only 1 week left in the quarter may not be making a realistic choice- he probably needs more time.
A SMART goal must have a timeline. When will you achieve what? Example, "I am going to write my English paper by spending 1 hour each day writing and researching, and I will complete the paper by September 28. Instead of, "I will complete my English paper on time."
Act on your mindset
Always know that you can succeed if you work hard and to the best of your ability.
Your mindset now will determine your reality later.
What stood out to you?
Dreams can become reality, just like learning to ride a bike.
Bell Ringer Activities
Facts about Learning
1. When you are awake your brain generates 25 watts of power, enough to illuminate a light bulb.
2. When you are thinking, you’re using your cerebrum.
3. Neurons send messages between your brain and your body
4. You build new pathways between neurons when you’re learning.
5. Create neuro-pathways to learn new things (try, try, try again--don't give up).
6. You learn best when you’re happy and relaxed.
See your School Counselor if you're not.
7. Eat well (
fruits, vegetables etc.
) to make learning easier.
8. Increase oxygen in your brain with exercise to help your neurons to fire.
The ideas and attitudes with which a person approaches a situation, esp when these are seen as being difficult to alter
A Definition for MINDSET