Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of BlackBerry
- The company originally worked with RAM Mobile Data and Ericsson to use existing technology to create two-way pagers and create a wireless email network.
- The name "BlackBerry" was introduced in 1999 with the first marketable pager - the BlackBerry 850.
- The company found success in wireless communication, up to the the point where they now have over 80,000,000 users world-wide. - BlackBerry Blackout
- Change from RIM to Blackberry
- Focus on just BlackBerry products, and wireless comm. technology - BlackBerry constantly works with children in need, specifically various charities such as: Children's Aid Foundation, Children in Need, and Free the Children.
- Also, BlackBerry is involved in the building of schools in India and Kenya through their Build a Village program. - BlackBerry sells their products worldwide, and has offices in Asia, Europe, and North America. They have a total of 80 million users and have shipped over 200 million units.
- In Latin America 45% of the cellular market is dominated by BlackBerry.
- First BlackBerry Lifestyle opens in Asia (to boost market share), features more than 60 devices. BlackBerry is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market.
Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, BlackBerry provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, text messaging (SMS and MMS), Internet and intranet-based applications.
BlackBerry technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data.
Our vision is to be recognized as the world’s best telecommunication and wireless devices company, by infinite the possibility of the innovation and creation to produce our product and software devices; to ensure and enhance product quality as well as to satisfy our customers’ unlimited demand in future. Thus, we will provide ongoing development towards our product and customer services (including service after sales) in order to become the best in terms of customer value, employee talent and predictable growth. We also intend to create a strong culture in our organization so that it may achieve competitive advantage in this industry