Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Attraction
Psychology of Attraction
why we befriend and fall in love with some people and not others!
the closer we are geographically, the more it predicts relations
being familiar breeds fondness= MERE EXPOSURE EFFECT
we're most familiar with ourselves!
the next most important thing to proximity!
determined by social standards
we perceive attractive people more favorably
In real life, opposites RETRACT!
When we're attracted to someone, we feel rewarded...and we're hooked!
can't sustain (think of arousal theory--you'd be exhausted) and may be attached to completely non-romantic types of arousal (especially for dudes)--but it does help begin relationships!
deeper and stronger than passionate love; when you've been with a partner for a long time, it's less about the adrenaline and more about your commitment and shared experiences
a benefit of a healthy, long-lasting relationship!
you get what you give!
our willingness to share our inner selves with our partner--demonstrates trust! sharing these things makes you feel closer to the people you share them with.