Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of New Ground
"We Educate, We Empower!"
• Founded in 1991 by Mairead M Barrett in LI
• Committed to helping homeless families and veterans become self-sufficient
• Works at eliminating the root of homelessness
• Provides educational, technical and emotional support
• Identifies at-risk families and sets them up with long-term affordable housing
• The organization has an additional program for army Veterans, known as the Catherine Martin Inn Program for Veterans
• Operated in maximum capacity 150 people - 25 families and 7 veterans
Evaluation and Control
Real Estate Market Analysis
80% of all families in the Long Term Housing Program achieved outlined goals for self-suficiency
100% of families increased their household income while in the Long Term Housing Program
100% of New Ground children were promoted to the next grade level
90% of able-bodied adults that are capable of employment (not disabled) are currently working.
Over 50 families on the wait list to join New Ground
Facebook Likes and "Talking about this"
Changes in donations
Participation in Events
Number of "On Lawn" Post
Surveys and Clients Feedback
Real Estate Market Analysis
Current Median List Price
Sold Property Counts
Current Situation Analysis
Education is crucial to obtaining a job
Staff needs training to reach full potential
The programs for children - A child who is educated and given attention will do better than one without
(cc) photo by medhead on Flickr
Nonprofit organization average financials:
25% government grants
Program service fees 35% of total revenues
45% of its budget comes from fund raising (November Gala)
55% comes through grants and contracts with government agencies
Unpredictable and Unstable
Obtaining more charitable donations
Raffle and Lottery tickets
(cc) photo by theaucitron on Flickr
Improve managerial abilities and leadership skills
Hank Greve - Treasurer of New Ground
Certified CPA owning his own Accounting firm
Bring in people to volunteer for New Ground as financial mentors
E-newsletter and Direct Mail Fundraising
Silicone bracelets, Bumper Stickers and "On-lawn Posts"
Google Grants/ AdWords
Monhly collection for household needs
TFA and VFW
Dress for Success International Non-for-Profit Organization
Founded in 1996
Offices in over 75 cities; 9 oversees
Serving more than 45,000 women
Career Fair/Career Center
St. John's Sports Day-Clinic