Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Selective Breeding - Man's Best Friend
Transcript of Selective Breeding - Man's Best Friend
"Man's Best Friend"
The breeding of a male and a female based on the most desirable traits of each parent
As we watch video clips,
fill out your organizer
Check off boxes for key traits.
Fill in additional information about a dog's
that help it do its job. Example: flexible spine
Also write down any
(instincts) that help a dog do its job
Examples: sight stalking, chasing
Brainstorm different ways that dogs help people
So how did we end up with over 170 different dog breeds?
Dogs and Wolves share a now-extinct common ancester that lived over 9,000 years ago
What animal did all dogs descend from?
Selective Breeding must be done very carefully and responsibly.
What problems do you think could occur if close relatives are cross-bred?
This class is going to the dogs!