Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The paperless (or near paperless) classroom.
Transcript of The paperless (or near paperless) classroom.
science unit Top 10 reasons
to go paperless What paper intensive unit are you doing now
that you can make paperless? Brainstorm session 1! Top 10 ways to go paperless... ideas? Brainstorm session 2! Disadvantages to going paperless? Concerns? Online resources... Wrap-up... Ten Reasons to Have a Paperless Classroom
By Steve Katz
10. Work doesn’t get “lost” in the bottom of a backpack.
9. Save space (no file cabinets).
8. Nobody ever forgets their pencil.
7. Collaboration is easy from anywhere.
6. No carrying notebooks (only netbooks).
5. Students are building digital portfolios.
4. No more “no-name” assignments.
3. You never have to wait in line for the copier.
2. Save paper, save the Earth.
1. The dog can’t eat your homework. Top 10 "Given what we have discussed about wireless technology,
peer-to-peer communications, Bluetooth, etc., please
explain how I could have offered this exam paperlessly,
but still have prevented students from using their computers
to look up the answer or help other students. This
is a technology—not an ethics—question." There are some obvious, and some not so obvious concerns we should address. Even though a paperless course may open the door to
student-to-student cheating, I still believe such an approach
offers too many advantages to ignore. Next term, I will
give the exam paperlessly. To deter cheating, I will rely on
the same tools that universities have relied on for years:
our strict integrity policy; my physical in-class monitoring;
and, in the end, my students’ sense of academic honor. Solution? The Future Is Our Focus