Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chipotle Expansion Proposal
Transcript of Chipotle Expansion Proposal
Ian G, Mac C, Taylor I, Mary Y, and Therese H
-Our proposed location
Company overview & history
-Founded in 1993 by Steve Ells
-Serves Mexican style food
-in 2013 had sales of $3.2 B
compared to Tim Horton's $2.2 B
- Swedes are becoming increasingly aware of their physical health and nutrition as well as, sustainably sourced food
- Strong believers to their sacred "Fika"
- Population of 9.7 mill with majority of residents in densly populated urban centers
- higher average income and purchasing power compared to that of other countries
- Established "Restauranteur Program"
-Restauranteurs can make over $100,000/year
-Get $10,000 bonus when an employee they trained becomes a manager
Chipotle International Business Proposal
Our HRM Strategy
Chipotle's Presence Worldwide
Employees are our greatest asset
Large emphasis on development
- A players in A positions
-Manager's are our A positions
-Look to promote from within
-86% of hourly managers and 96% of salaried managers were promoted from within
Recruitment & Selection - Use of Swedish company like Snagajob & implement psychometric for initial recruitment
Restaurateur's are given much more responsibility to oversee multiple stores and focus on employee development
HRM Strategy Cont..
Career & Succession Planning
- We are aiming to develop our leadership pipeline and begin to develop our Swedish employees
- We intend to abide by Swedish law and collective bargaining agreements.
The wage disparity will allow us to further fund forms of legally required indirect compensation.
- Local population 13% foreign
-Swedish fast food market is growing
- Consumers are most interested in healthy, sustainable, organic products
- Open foreign trade policy
- Transparent accessible laws
- High average income
- Best logistical point of distribution to Northern Europe
Let's go to Malmö
- Sweden's 3rd largest city
- 300,000 people
Our Compensation Strategy
- Prominent tourist location (over 1 million per year)
- Highest restaurants per capita in Sweden
- Well situated in Skane region and near shipping ports
- Location in the heart of downtown in a high traffic area
- Nearby transit currently drives heavy foot traffic
- We intend use employee recommendations and POS system criteria where high performing employees are given a bonus
Safety & Health
- We intend emphasize employee wellness programs and preventative healthcare
CHIPOTLE's 13 Qualities We look for in employees
Employee & Labour Relations
- Aim to foster strong employee engagement and relations with unions.
We have struggled previously internationally from a lack of talent, and as we hire internally we need to have strong engagement amongst our employees
Chipotle also has to be sure not to alienate their suppliers and must have strong relations with farmer's unions.
HRM Strategy Cont..