Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HTC X
We are dedicated to make phones that will fit its owner, and not the other way around.
Globalization of the
Htc's profits ->
LG & Sony Ericsson
down -> ZTE & Huawei
- Lower costs
- Diffusion of knowledge and core competencies
- Limited ability to adapt
- Inability to take advantage of new ideas
Why HTC want to do an International Expansion?
What they can do know
- Increase the size of potential markets
- Reducing the R&D costs as well as operating costs
- Extend a product's life cycle
- Optimize the location of value chain activities
But there are some risks...
- Political and economic risks
- Currency risks
- Management risks
HTC = High Tech Computer Corporation
Taiwanese manufacturer of smartphones and tablets
17,413 Employees (July 2012)
Cher Wang, H.T. Cho, and Peter Chou.
Something really BIG happened
The International Strategy
- ODM vs OBM
- The "True HTC" Brand
- Get rid of the local image
- HTC Touch = SUCCESS
--> 2 Million Units sold in 2007
- Reshape of the Internal Culture
- From a Local to a true MNC
- Fresh Start
- Promote HTC Brand Value
The Keys of HTC's Success
- DESIGN : Noble Materials
- ANDROID : Partnership with Google
- ADAPTATION TO EACH MARKET
- MULTIMEDIA: Partnership with BEATS Audio
First phone with touchscreen
First Microsoft-powered phone
First Android-powered phone
But what happened in 2011?
"Get into the emerging markets with the quality HTC
is known for"
End of the HTC presentation
Feel free to ask questions