Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Economic Manipulation and False Shortages
Transcript of Economic Manipulation and False Shortages
Prohibited or unavailable products are sold in here. Effects price discrimination
artificial controls on demand
inability to purchase a product
non-monetary bargaining methods, as time or even violence In a competitive market the unit of price of a particular object or product will vary The greater the demand the greater manipulation and greater price Government uses shortages to manipulate the economy of the country, this with the goal of gaining. An example may be oil. Oil is something some countries struggle with. If in reality oil is suffering of scarcity we would try to use it the least, but we don't. Barack Obama said that he will lower the price of gas, but if oil is really suffering scarcity why the price will get low? The economy of the United States is the largest among all the nations of the world. At 14.52 trillion USD, the GDP generated by this colossal economy is the highest. The growth-based US economy is going down. The media economists are concerned they are even starting to panic. Economist refers to this as a recession but in the inside they are alarmed but they should’ve expected this to happen, people need to accept it. The manufactured US economy is failing. All started in 2008 when USA increased the price of the oil and the raw material of the food. In 2009... The bags of USA and Europe were overcome by those of developing countries as China and Brazil. Brazil and Russia increased their indexes 9% in local currency In 2010.... There appear clear signs of a possible war of currencies. And since that year we have bad economy... Example: There are some signs that show a false economy. The most common are: 1. Fake Jobs
2. Money Has No Value
3.The Fed Now Buys 90% of the Nation's Debt
4. What is the Value of Anything?
5.Failure is Rewarded
6.People buy things they don't need with
money they don't have
7. Entrepreneurs are punished
8. Engineered Slavery The "official" unemployment numbers are a fraud. The actual jobs are fake as well. 80% of jobs could disappear tomorrow and it wouldn't affect basic human survival or happiness in the least. This doesn't mean a "job" has any actual benefit to society. Money is the biggest illusion of all. Our money is loaned into existence with arbitrary interest rates by a private monopoly. It only has value because a law says it has value. It's actual value is zero since it is just a piece of paper with fancy ink on it. Speaking of money, the Federal Reserve loans money to the US government who issues bonds to cover their spending. Apparently, the US has no more investors because the Fed is now buying 90% of new Treasury bonds. This is called monetizing debt, or, essentially, monetizing money. Knowing the genuine value of anything has become nearly impossible. Example:
Why does an ounce of marijuana (a weed that can grow anywhere) cost up to $500? You know we live in a false economy when failure is rewarded and success is penalized. The reality is that the banks' solutions are the problem, enriching the investor class at the expense of the middle class. The government's rampant spending without sufficient assets to back it up is mirrored in the behavior of the American consumer. Despite inflation, rising unemployment, and a continued collapse in real estate, it hasn't stopped credit spending. America has become a land filled with bureaucratic red tape that actively towards small business creation and criminalizes independence. It is an inherent part of any false economy to create dependence where none should exist at all Economic hitmen (lenders) have successfully enslaved-by-debt everything from nations, entire industries, state and local governments and nearly every person on the planet. And they bought your servitude with money they never had, they simply created it out of thin air. Nowadays ... The global economy is based upon cheap long-distance transportation, without which it is not possible to move goods from the point of cheapest origin to the point of highest sale." Our economy, in fact, has been "severed" from its "roots," the Earth itself. We need a down-to-the-Earth approach to the economy, rather than the sugar pill "economic growth stimulus" Recommendations Get back to basics in the US. Expectations of being permanently on top, always in control, forever the dominating ruler and evermore the superpower have been excessive.
US needs to do more than try to shore up a failing economy that requires so much war-making and destruction to keep it growing artificially, at the expense of the environment and other humans, animals, plants, and the elements such as clean water and air that sustain life.
Re-align the US economy more around nature’s economy.
Countries need to accept the natural limits to growth. Consumerism Global inequality in consumption, while reducing, is still high. The impacts of consumerism, positive and negative are very significant to all aspects of our lives, as well as our planet. But equally important to bear in mind in discussing consumption patterns is the underlying system that promotes certain types of consumption and not other types.