Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Prospect Identification, Research, and Segmentation
Transcript of Prospect Identification, Research, and Segmentation
People involved in organization
Current and former
Know best stories about people served
Most important contributors
You DO go back to the same people
20% can be persuaded to donate again
They will donate too!
Those Generous to Similar Organizations
Donor lists posted in:
Affluent People with Peer Relationships
Do their interests relate to your organization?
Prospect Research, Research, Research
1) Supporter's relationship to organizations
2) Interests and hobbies that relate to organization
3) Networking: Who in organization is closest to prospective supporter?
4) Capability: ability to give
Prospect Ratings and Evaluations
Determining the "Ideal" Volunteer Solicitor
Giving Capacity: income and assets
4 Key Areas
Make a list of possible donors
Narrow down to a master list
Segment list into prospective donor's capacity to give and then divide it into potential giving levels
Focus on Major Donors
Research Research Research
Determine their comfort level to be involved with the solicitation
People typically give only 1/5 of their giving capacity
Determine Capacity to Give
Build a personal relationship with prospective donors
Better to ask too much than too little
Determining the Request Amount
By: Sarah Rosemond
1) Willing to visit
2) Who rated the prospect's giving capacity higher
3) Who knows them the best
4) Volunteer with fewer assignments
Give volunteers a packet with 3 documents:
Volunteers will then use this information to fill out the Prospect Rating Form
2) Prospect Rating Form
1) Cover Sheet