Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Transcript of How to Win Friends and Influence People
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
3. Arouse in the other person an eager want!
" Dont think about what you want, think about what the other person wants. You catch more fish with worms, than strawberries."
Six Ways to Make People Like You
3. Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language
1. Don't Criticize, Condemn, or Complain.
“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”
- Dale Carnegie
2. Give honest and sincere appreciation
1. Become genuinely interested in other people
"Did you ever stop to think that a dog is the animal that does not have to work for a living? A dog makes his living by giving you nothing but love."
2. Smile :)
4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
5. Talk in terms of the other person's interests
6. Make the other person feel important- and do it sincerely
"Gold Rule! Need I say More?"
Win People to Your Way of Thinking
1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
Arguments only still up controversy. Focus on finding a solution instead of arguing.
2. Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, " You're wrong."
3. IF you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
Turn around and admit that you are wrong
4. Begin in a friendly way
A Drop of Honey catches more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
5. Get the other person saying "Yes, Yes" Immediately
Ask probing questions that get them to say YES.
6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
Utilize active listening skills!
7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
8. Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
Walk a mile in their shoes
9. Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.
10. Appeal to the Nobler Motives
"In most cases individuals react favorably if you make them feel that you consider them honest, upright, and fair."
11. Dramatize your Ideas
12. Throw down a Challenge
Corporate into any daily activity.
Be a Leader: How to Change People without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
1. Begin with Praise and Honest Appreciation
If you must find fault, this is the way to begin the conversation
2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
How to Critize and not be hated for it
3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
Incorporate real life experiences
4. Ask Questions instead of giving direct orders.
5. Let the other person save face.
Give them the opportunity to correct their mistake
6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
"Be hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
7. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
8. Use Encouragement! Make the fault seem easy to correct.
9. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Explain the Personal Benefits!
(November 24, 1888 – November 1, 1955)
Created the Dale Carnegie Institure
Over 5 Million Copies sold
How to Win Friends and Influence People
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
"You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, use them proportionately
Lord Chesterfield said, " Be Wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so."
Do you care more about credit or results?
This does not just apply to our members, but to our co-workers also
Example: Coming from a Member Center, I already had a reputation built up for each employee in the Contact Center. Once I moved up here, that reputation changed.
provide direction (Action Steps) on how they can correct the problem
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." —Lao Tzu