Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Venus Presentation

Can life exist?
by

Evan G

on 7 February 2013

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Venus Presentation

Venus Geography Position in Space Atmosphere & Weather Venus is the closest planet to Earth in both distance and size

Venus' tilt is only 2° while Earth's is about 23 ½°.

It takes Venus approximately 224.7 Earth days to completely rotate around the sun.

Due to Venus' slow rotation, the time between sunrises is about 117 Earth days, or ½ a Venusian year. Venus' surface is dominated by lava streams and volcanoes

In fact, nearly 85% of Venus' surface is made of these streams of lava and volcanoes.

The remaining 15% of the surface is mainly metamorphic rock.

Some researchers have thought that Venus, several billions of years ago, may have had a climate similar to Earth's today and may have even had an ocean.

Venus has many geographical features such as plains, mountains, canyons and valleys.

The majority is flat, about 65%. The remaining 35% is mainly mountainous. This is a computer generated picture of Venus' surface Venus' atmosphere is very thick, in fact it is 92 times more thick than Earth's.

These thick clouds block rays from the sun, so life forms would have to depend on chemical energy.

Of the atmosphere, nearly 95% is carbon dioxide.

The majority of the remaining atmosphere is nitrogen.

Venus' temperatures on the surface are an astonishing 870 degrees Fahrenheit.

Life can only be sustained between -15 to 115 degrees Celsius or 5 to 239 degrees Fahrenheit.

There is no precipitation or surface water

Winds on Venus are usually, as measured by satellites, about 1 to 3.6 km/hr or 1.6 to 5.76 mi/hr. Works Cited Angelo, Joseph A., Jr. "Venus." Science Online. Facts On File, Inc. Web. 28 Jan. 2013. <http://www.fofweb.com/activelink2.asp?ItemID=WE40&SID=5&iPin=ESA2945&SingleRecord=True>.

"habitable zone (HZ)." The Worlds of David Darling. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/H/habzone.html>

INFOhio. "Venus." World Book Student. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2013. <http://www.worldbookonline.com/student/article?id=ar582880&st=venus>.

NASA. "Venus Globe." Habitable Worlds. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Jan. 2013. <http://nai.arc.nasa.gov/astrotech/getpage.cfm?fimgid=215>. An Evan Gardell presentation By an Evan Gardell company Written & Narrated by Evan Gardell No
Full transcript