Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
RUDYARD KIPLING (1865 - 1935 )
Transcript of RUDYARD KIPLING (1865 - 1935 )
*Rudyard Kipling was a very important English writer.
*He was born in Bombay, India, in 1865.
*He lived in India when this country belonged to the British Empire so, in many of his works he described life in the jungle.
*He was an excellent writer and he won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1908.
*Queen Victoria I ( 1819-1901 ) was the Queen of the British Empire between 1837 and 1901.
*It was a huge empire and had many territories in different countries.
*India formed part of the British Empire till 1950.
*Rudyard Kipling praised the British foreign policy in the colonies.
* Rudyard Kipling wrote short stories, novels and poems. One of his most well-known works is "The Jungle Book".
( 1865-1936 ).
THE BRITISH EMPIRE
* India became an independent
republic in 1950.
* Mahatma Gandhi ( 1869-1948) was
a very important philosopher and political leader who fought for the independence of India.
* He organized boycotts against British institutions as peaceful forms of civil disobedience.
*M. Gandhi was assassinated in 1948.
*Kipling died in London in 1936.
* He was an excellent poet, too.
"IF" is one of his most famous poems.
( in the 19th century )
* Walt Disney made a famous animated film
based on Kipling´s book.