Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
RUDYARD KIPLING (1865 - 1935 )
Transcript of RUDYARD KIPLING (1865 - 1935 )
*Rudyard Kipling was a very important English writer.
*He was born in Bombay, India, in 1865.
*He lived in India when this country belonged to the British Empire so, in many of his works he described life in the jungle.
*He was an excellent writer and he won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1908.
*Queen Victoria I ( 1819-1901 ) was the Queen of the British Empire between 1837 and 1901.
*It was a huge empire and had many territories in different countries.
*India formed part of the British Empire till 1950.
*Rudyard Kipling praised the British foreign policy in the colonies.
* Rudyard Kipling wrote short stories, novels and poems. One of his most well-known works is "The Jungle Book".
( 1865-1936 ).
THE BRITISH EMPIRE
* India became an independent
republic in 1950.
* Mahatma Gandhi ( 1869-1948) was
a very important philosopher and political leader who fought for the independence of India.
* He organized boycotts against British institutions as peaceful forms of civil disobedience.
*M. Gandhi was assassinated in 1948.
*Kipling died in London in 1936.
* He was an excellent poet, too.
"IF" is one of his most famous poems.
( in the 19th century )
* Walt Disney made a famous animated film
based on Kipling´s book.