Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bath Bomb
Fernanda Garza #9
Jaime Martínez #16
Miguel Martínez #17
Marien Villezca #27
Lilian Yañez #28
Natural vanilla extract
Our hypothesis was correct, we made a bath bomb consisting mostly of natural herbal ingredients, it created the fizzing action we desired, it moisturized the skin, the smell of it was great, and it smoothed up the skin.
Have you ever thought of having a relaxing bath that is at the same time good for your skin? Our bath bomb is exactly what you need. This bath bomb will provide a relaxing sensation after a long day of work, you just have to place it in the water in your bath-tub and instantly it will explode bubbles creating a relaxed atmosphere with its vanilla fragrance and relaxing oils.
Our product was made with the objective of making it using natural herbal products that will prevent harming the skin. Each ingredient used on this bath bomb has an individual benefit such as making a good fragrance, moisturizing the skin, cleaning, creating a fizzing action, preventing skin diseases, etc.
Rose oil Procedure
1. Bring a few inches of water to boil in a saucepan, then remove from heat.
2. Pour a cup or so of olive oil in a glass jar.
3. Crush, shred, or bruise a cup of rose petals and place them in the oil.
5. Swirl the oil with the petal using a spoon. Make sure of not shaking it.
6. Leave the jar alone in a warm area for about 24 hours at least.
7. Strain the oil through a strainer.
8. Pour the clear oil into a container. If you can, choose a dark one (dark glass will help block sunlight and keep the oil more stable).
Red colorant Procedure
1. Measure a cup or so of raspberries.
2. Place the cup of raspberries on a blender and blend until you achieve a water-like consistency.
3. Pour the liquid on a glass container.
4. Heat the liquid for a few minutes.
5. Pour the liquid through a strainer and place it on a glass container.
Green colorant Procedure
1. Measure a cup or two of spinach and place it on a bender.
2. Add half a cup of water on the bender with the spinach.
3. Blend until it is at a water-like consistency.
4. Pour the liquid to a glass container.
5. Heat the liquid for a few minutes.
6. Pour the liquid through a strainer and place it on a glass container.
Purple colorant Procedure
1. Chop the beetroot and place it on a glass container.
2. Heat the container with the beetroot until it drops its juices.
3. Pour the liquid through a strainer and place it on a glass container.
Bath Bomb Procedure
In this project we made several procedures
1. Place a cup of baking soda in the bowl.
2. Place a cup of citric acid and half of a cup of cornstarch in the bowl.
3. Mix them all together.
4. Start pouring little by little the rose oil. The consistency the bath bomb mixture must not be a liquid and it must be able to stick together yet not like a dough.
5. When finished pouring the rose oil, pour little by little the coconut oil and the vanilla extract.
6. Mix everything together.
7.Depending on which color you want your bath bomb to be (red, green, or purple) pour 1 or 2 drops of it (not too much because it may stain your skin otherwise).
8. Mix the colorant with the rest of the bath bomb mixture.
9. When you’re done mixing, take the mold and put the amount necessary of the mixture and place it on it (make sure of pressing the mixture on the mold). You can also place before putting the mixture some dried rose petals for decoration (this is optional).
10. Wait until it dries.
11. When is done drying remove the mixture from the mold.
Mo Constantine, one of the Lush co-founders, invented the bath bomb many years ago (in 1989 to be precise), and ever since the first one we haven't stopped our exploration into the world of bath time innovation.
Disadvantages of other chemicals
Citric acid is the main ingredient that is dangerous for people because:
citric acid can cause adverse effects: inhalation may cause cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat; ingestion may cause abdominal pain and sore throat; exposure to skin or eyes may cause redness or pain.
Some of its ingredients like rose oil and coconut oil help remove dead skin cells, treat acne, eczema, rosacea and rashes, refine skin texture, controlling skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
Our bath bomb worked successfully, when the bath bomb was placed on the water the fizzing action worked right away, we could smell the vanilla and it left a smooth texture on our skin because of the coconut oil and the rose oil. The mixture itself (with the baking soda, citric acid, coconut oil, rose oil, and vanilla extract) worked, yet the natural colorants didn’t worked. They spoiled because we mad we them way too early before we made the bath bombs. We decided to make the bath bombs using artificial colorants and they worked without staining the skin.
Application in real life
Our product could work as an actual brand of natural bath bombs since it leaves a relaxing sensation after a long day not only leaving you with a clean fresh scent, but also having the benefit of a moisturized skin.
We think that we will be able to create a successful bath bomb that will help several types of skin to be smooth and moisturized.
Recovered on february 13 Author: Lush fresh homemade cosmetics Searched by: Lilian
Recovered on february 13 Author: Darla blogger Searched by: Marien
Recovered on february 14: Wikipedia Searched by Miguel
Recovered on february 14: SoapyHollow Searched by: Jaime
Recovered on february 14: Megan blogger Searched by: Fernanda
Recovered on february 16: Stephanie Loscei Searched by: Fernanda
Recovered on february 17: Lush Searched by: Lilian
Can we elaborate a bath bomb consisting mostly of natural herbal ingredients ?
We hope that you enjoyed!