Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Welcome to NURB 2160!
Transcript of Welcome to NURB 2160!
Cultural assessment paper 15%
Cultural assessment presentation 10%
Ethical Analysis 20%
Participation / Peer evaluation: 10%
Test and/or Quiz average 15%
A - 92 - 100
B - 86 - 91
C - 80 - 85
D - 75 - 79
F - 0 - 74
Completion of the first semester of the B.S.N. curriculum pattern or consent of the Dean of the College of Nursing. Enrollment in this course does not guarantee admission to clinical nursing courses.
Upon successful completion of Cultural and Ethical Influences on Health Care the student will be able to:
1. Explore the influence of caring and professional values on the delivery of professional health care.
2. Examine issues of human diversity in the health care system.
3. Perform a cultural assessment.
4. Explore an ethical-decision making framework used in client situations that incorporates moral concepts, professional ethics, and respects diverse values and beliefs.
College of Nursing and Allied Health
Baccalaureate Degree Program
Cultural and Ethical Influences on Health Care
NURB 2160 02N
Welcome to NURB 2160!
Shaun Wheat, RN, MSN
Class attendance is regarded as an obligation as well as a privilege. All students are expected to attend class regularly and punctually.
There are no excused absences, tardiness will be treated as an absence.
Students are responsible for ALL class work missed, regardless of the reason for absence or tardiness.
A grade of 80 or greater is required to successfully complete nursing courses.
1. APA Manual
2. Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care
3. Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice
Students are required to take and pass the Test of Essential Academic Skills during NURB 2160.
A minimum score of 58 is required to be eligible to apply for clinical nursing courses.
Failure to take the TEAS will result in an "I" policy for an Incomplete will be followed.
It is strongly recommended that you obtain a copy of the study guide for the TEAS and review this test.
CONSAH requires each student to maintain a portfolio of their work as they progress through he curriculum. The Cultural Assessment is the required document for NURB 2160.
TEAS test results should also be placed in your portfolio.
CINAHL & APA Assignment 25%
Individual Cultural Assessment Assignment 25%
Code of Ethics Homework 20%
Famous Ethical Cases Homework 10%
You are responsible for completing and submitting your own work. All work submitted must be your own unless proper acknowledgment of outside material is provided.
Academic Honor Code
All ideas welcomed.
Sexual Harassment & Assault
Personal Privacy, Protection of Patient Information, Professionalism
Enrollment Process for 3030 3050
Request for Enrollment in 3030 & 3050
Request for Repeat/Re-enroll
CONSAH Mission & Philosphy