Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Communism in Lord of The Flies
Transcript of Communism in Lord of The Flies
Dictatorship in Lord of the Flies
Definition of Dictatorship
A leader with absolute control over a country, typically acquired by force.
Cold War References
The power struggle between Ralph (Capitalism/Democracy) and Jack (Communism/dicatorship) is a very large idea in this book as well as a reference to the cold war, however the winner in the end becomes Communism and dictatorship, unlike the event in real life.
Dictatorship started in ancient Rome when in emergencies the Republic ( a group of multiple people) would hand power over to someone completely to deal with it. This was a positive and respected role, unlike the term dictator today, which is generally considered negative.
Creating a a cult of personality
Humans rights abuses
Displays of power
Uses rules that benefit him and ignore them when they don't
Cult of personalty
Comes to power with out a vote
People don't question what he says