Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MICROTEACH: MENU MATH LESSON.
Transcript of MICROTEACH: MENU MATH LESSON.
Access Point #: MA.912.F.3.Pa.a
Recognize that a predetermined amount of money can be used to pay for an item in common purchasing situations.
Access Point #: MA.912.F.3.In.a
Identify wise consumer strategies for cash purchases, such as counting change, rounding up, and adding the tax.
Students will be able to identify how to make cash purchases.
Students will be able to utilize skills such as counting up, rounding, & providing change when using cash.
Why is this lesson appropriate?
Not only is this lesson important to teach math skills such as, counting up & rounding, it teaches life skills. It is important for ESE students to learn independence skills such as purchasing food with money.
On to the lesson...
Students will be divided into predetermined groups. Students will work together in a "center" like setting on task cards. Task cards are centered on "Menu Math." Solving problems and recording on an answer sheet.
Students will be able to choose items off a menu to see how much money they will be spending