Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Henry Clays plan to enter California as a free state and new territories would have no limits on slavery.
Stephen A Douglas divided Clays plan into parts then vote on them. Stephen A Douglas was Illinois senator, and he is the one who had the idea of dividing Henry Clay's plan in to sections and then you would vote.
Millard Fillmore was vice president and then the president died then Millard took charge. The Compromise of 1850 was a time of slavery and many ideas. Some of the ideas were great and some were not so great. Three great ideas were:
Southerners: Wanted to have a law that would a require states to return runaway fugitives.
Henry Clay: He wanted California to become a free state and have new territories have no slavery limits.
Stephen Douglas: His plan was to split Caly's plan into parts then they would be voted on. In 1850
On September 9-20 HOW THE COMPROMISE OF 1850 WHERE In the Us
About California WHY To end the crisis of slavery
To make California a free state
To determine that new territories would have no limits on slavery References The Book