Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hofstede’s Five Cultural Dimensions For Mexico
Transcript of Hofstede’s Five Cultural Dimensions For Mexico
People self image – ‘I’ / ‘We’
People are supposed to look after themselves and their direct family only.
People belong to ‘in groups’ that take care of them in exchange for loyalty
( Collectivism society )
(1) Loyalty is paramount.
(2) The society encourages strong relationships where everyone takes responsibility for fellow members of their group.
(3) Offence leads to shame & ‘loss of face’.
(4) Employees / employers relationships are perceived in moral terms ( a family link )
Masculinity / Femininity
A high score ( Masculinity ) on this dimension indicates that the society will be driven by :
A low score ( Femininity ) on this dimension means that dominant values in society are caring for others and quality of life.
- A feminine society is one where quality of life is the sign of success and standing out from the crowd is not admirable.
Mexico scores 69 on this dimension – Masculine society.
In masculine countries , Mexico :
(1) People ‘’ live in order to work’’
(2) Managers are expected to be decisive
(3) The emphasis is on equity , competition and performance and conflicts are resolved by fighting them out.
The way the society deals with the fact that the future can never be known.
In Mexico , the score on this dimension is 82 ( very high preference for avoiding uncertainty).
The culture of Mexico , there is an emotional need for rules.
: Even if the rules never seem to work , time is money & people have the inner urge to be busy and work hard.
: Precision and punctuality are the norm
: Innovation may be resisted
: Security is an important element in individual motivation
No score for LTO because the society of Mexico has the extent of conventional historical short-term point of view.
- Do not have the extend to which a society shows pragmatic future-orientated perspective.
Long Term Orientation
This dimension deals with the fact that all individuals in societies are not equal as it expresses the attitude of the culture towards these inequalities among the citizens.
At the score of 81 , Mexico is hierarchical ( arranged in order of rank ). This means that people accept the arrangement in order of rank in according of status and authority.
WORK PLACE AND VALUE
BY: SHANELL & KANNA
Hofstedte's fivecultual dimensions