Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cyber Bullying
2. 70% of students report seeing frequent bullying online.
3. Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
4. 68% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem.
5. 81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.
6. 90% of teens who have seen social-media bullying say they have ignored it. 84% have seen others tell cyber bullies to stop.
7. Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse.
8. Girls are about twice as likely as boys to be victims and perpetrators of cyber bullying.
9. About 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out 10 say it has happened more than once.
10. About 75% have visited a website bashing another student.
11. Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide. What is Cyber bullying? Cyber bullying is the use of internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a dileberate, repeated, and hostile manner. Facebook Jessica:
I hate you so much u r such a loser
Stop it y r u being so mean
I dont care what u think I hope u die
U might just get your wish Breaking News Girl commits suicide as a result of cyber bullying.
This is a serious matter, so parents please talk to your children to help stop this terrible issue. A special thanks to: History of cyber bullying Cyber bullying started after the columbine shooting in 1999 more schools found bullying to be a serious problem and some schools had a zero bullying tolerance, but cyberspace was a new technology. How to prevent it -Avoid response
-Do not retaliate
-Report to an adult
-Avoid putting personal information online
-Save evidence of bullying Cyber Bullying Deaths per year 4,400 per year cyber bullying increases http://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/11-facts-about-cyber-bullying http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2007/02/15/image2484116j.jpg http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bullying-and-suicide.html http://phillycyberbullying.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cyber-bullying2.jpg http://www.connectyourhome.com/news_and_articles/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/bullying1.gif