Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of I, Robot
The "future history of robotics" 2004
Directed by Alex Proyas
Written by Jeff Vintar and others
Starring Will Smith David West
Engl 381 "The Evitable Conflict" "Little Lost Robot" The Three Laws Asimov's stories:
"Three Laws of Robotics" most important
"bending of the laws"
Dr. Calvin "Little Lost Robot"
modified robots with altered First Law
Sonny has two positronic brains
VIKI vs. Supercomputers
"for the good of humanity"; ends justify the means Asimov's Robot Stories:
Why do robots always turn against their creators? Wrapping it all up... Introducing I, Robot: Asimov wanted science and robotics to be viewed in a positive light
inspired new treatment and ideas about robotics and artificial intelligence
Biggest difference was treatment of Robots; "racism" was carried over
Similar characters but modified plot and underlying themes Questions?