Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How Can Individuals Help?
Transcript of How Can Individuals Help?
What does "caring" look like?
How do you "care" for a friend?
Additional concerns for a dying person:
pain, abandonment, loss of control
"Help me." "Listen to me." "Don't leave me."
On your "foldable" label the flaps: Physical, Psychological, Social, and Spiritual.
- list needs
-don't forget pain needs - acute/chronic
may experience anger, sadness, anxiety, fear
A business man had just turned off the lights in the
store when a man appeared and demanded money. The
owner opened a cash register. The contents of the cash
register were scooped up and the man sped away. A
member of the police force was notified promptly.
1. A man appeared after the owner had turned off his store lights
2. The man demanded money.
3. The man who opened the cash register was the owner.
4. The store owner scooped up the contents of the cash register, and ran
5. Someone opened a cash register.
6. After the man who demanded the money scooped up the contents of
the cash register, he ran away.
7. While the cash register contained money, the story does not say how
8. The story concerned a series of events in which only three persons are
referred: the owner of the store; a man who demanded money,
and a member of the police force.
9. The following events were included in the story: someone demanded
money, a cash register was opened, its contents were scooped out,
and a man dashed out of the store.
10. The robber was a man.
11. The robber demanded money of the owner.
The power of touch
-May be concerned with role in family, workforce, community
-Search for meaning and connectedness (transcendence)
-You can not do it for someone
-"Let them sing their own song"
Teachings and Ideas
-increased emphasis on informed consent and patients' rights
Steps to Breaking Bad News - 7.1
Compassion Fatique - 7.2