Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Jazz Age - 1920's
Transcript of The Jazz Age - 1920's
Introduction of automobiles meant freedom and mobility. They became an American way of life. Mass production assembly lines helped increase their supply and demand. By the 1920 there were 7.5 million cars and trucks in the United States.
Ratification of the 18th Amendment was to ban the manufacturer, transporting, and sale of liquor during the first decade of the 20th Century. SInce it was hard to enforce, it was produced and sold illegally, known as bootlegging. Speakeasies (illegal drinking clubs) and gang violence increased. There ere gangster like Al Capone & Lucky Luciano. In 1933 the 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment.
Fundamentalists didn't like change. They were religious people and took the Bible teachings literally.. They only believed in Creationism, not Evolution. Some thought that they were close-minded and bigots
Ku Klux Klan
This group of whites wanted to stop immigration so they threatened and were violent toward African-Americans in the South while others were against Catholics , Jews, and other immigrants or groups.
Since women won the right to vote during the 20's they became free to do other things such as attending college, holding jobs, and gaining financial independence. Gone were the old style of clothes, like corsets and long skirts and modern fashions like flapper styles emerged. They were introduced to vacuum cleaners, washing machines, and pop-up toasters. Make-up even became acceptable!
* Public radio broadcasts began and NBC was the first network. It brought modern idea, news, music, advertisements, and entertainment.
* Since economic growth was happening people had time to go to the movies. Color movies started in 1922 and the first movie with sound effects was in 1925.
* Sports, like baseball and boxing, became popular thanks to motion pictures and radio. Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs in baseball.
*Style of dress
*Kinds of music
*Change in dance styles
The Jazz Age - 1920's - The Roaring Twenties
*Ku Klux Klan
Since the Wright Brothers had theirfirst successful flight in 1903, airplanes have gained speed. With this came the increase in airports around the country.
* Jazz Age (or the Roaring Twenties) was introduced with great musicians like Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington.
* Morals declined with smoking, drinking, dancing, revealing clothing, and birth control. Family values were threatened.
* Urbanization occurred.
* War is over - Enjoy life again!
Prosper and Have Fun!!!
By: Christian Hedges