Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Oral Presentation - "I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King Jr.
Transcript of Oral Presentation - "I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King Jr.
“joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity” “the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity” “This sweltering summer of the Negro’s legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality.” “rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice” “sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.” Metaphors & Imagery Repetition Quotations and Allusions Metaphors After "I Have A Dream" The Civil Rights Act was finally passed the next year, in 1964
King was named Man of the Year by TIME magazine for 1963.
In 1964, he was the youngest person ever awarded the Nobel Peace Prize