Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to the Paragraph
Transcript of Introduction to the Paragraph
Prewriting: A way to help you get ideas to write about.
One way is to talk about the topic with your classmates.
1) Look for a partner
2) Talk about the reasons that you like this school.
3) Write down a list of your ideas.
The form of a Paragraph
1) Capitalize the important words.
2) Should not be a complete sentence.
3) Don't use quotation marks.
B) skip line:
Write every other line
D) Leave margins
E) 150 words at least.
F) Concluding sentence.
Is the main idea of the paragraph. Tells the reader what the paragraph is about. It is also the first sentence of the paragraph. The rest of the sentences describe, and support the topic sentence.
Evergreen Valley College
I like Evergreen Valley College for three reasons. For one thing, it has a good child care center. This is very important to me. I am a young mother with a two year old daughter, and the child care center gives me the freedom to take one or two classes a semester. In addition, it is easy to get to campus by bus because the bus stop is only a block away. My car is old, and it is not always reliable. If I have car trouble, I have another way to get to school. Finally, the school is a friendly place. Most students do not know each other at the beginning of a semester, but they have many opportunities to become acquainted through school clubs, sports, and group work in class. The teachers are also very friendly and usually have good sense of humor. It means a lot to me to have such a good school in my neighborhood.