Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ancient Greek Mythology Introduction
Transcript of Ancient Greek Mythology Introduction
where did the earth come from? 2) Man:
where did man come from? 3) Gods:
What is the role of the Gods? Why is Mythology Important?
*Literature* *Music* *The ARts* *Language* *History* *Advertising* Mythology is especially interesting to: 1) Psychologists
3) Students of Literature How the World was created: CHAOS out of (confusion) Gaea (Mother Earth) Uranus (heavens) Oceanus + Tethys ruled the sea Hyperion ruled the sun Thea ruled the moon Rhea The Great Mother Themis Ruled Law and Justice Mneomsyne Ruled Memory Chronus The youngest and the Strongest Hecantonchires (hundred hands) The 3 Cyclopes (one-eyed) Uranus hated all of his children,
but particularly the mosters - - and these he sent to TARTARUS (underworld) Gaea asked Ttians to rescue
the mosters but ONLY
Cronus agreed to help - - and he overthrew his father. from Uranus' blood came - - GIANTS and ERINYES more like men than Gods
- fierce fighters - furies with hair of writhing serpents
- they were winged - Cronus and Rhea were then married and had 6 children... cronus now feared that his children would destroy him... ... so he swallowed all of them
but Zeus, who escaped.
When Zeus grew up, he and Rhea
waged war on Cronus. a long battle followed... Cronus disgorged his children.
The monsters helped Zeus and
gave him weapons.
Cronus; who was assisted by
some of the titans, was defeated. So... divided the world
with his brothers