Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of QUARTZ
Found mainly in the United States and Brazil.
Percent in Earth's Crust
Silicon takes up approximately 27.7%% of the Earth's crust. Silicon is mainly what quartz is made of.
How it's Processed
Quartz isn't processed, it is simply mined from the Earth using dynamite only occasionally.
Made up of silica, or silicon dioxide
Transparent to translucent
Uses Of Quartz
Quartz is used as an ingredient in certain types of glass for the shine/polish of the glass.
Can cost anywhere from $35 to $75 per pound.
Eye contact: Flush eyes with water and seek medical attention
Skin contact: Wash area with soap and water and seek medical attention
Types of Quartz
Color can vary from light pink to purple.
Also known as bloodstone